Glendale (AZ) Public Library History
In 1937 a $6,000 bond issue and a Public Works Administration grant from the government enabled the city to construct a $12,000 library building in 1938. The 2,200 sq. ft. building would serve a population of 3,500. The Spanish-style mission library was located in the center of Murphy Park. It was built in the form of a "T", with an arched entrance in the center which led to the reading rooms. It was considered one of the most attractive buildings in the city.
Search within the collection: