Agricultural College of Utah Cyanotype Collection
The Agricultural College of Utah Cyanotypes Collection is made up of more than 2,000 cyanotypes (a paper based, bluish colored print) dating from 1896 to 1916. These images document the Agricultural College of Utah (now Utah State University) and show students, faculty, class-room scenes, buildings and grounds, events, experiment stations, athletics, student projects, agriculture, and scenes from around Logan. Because of preservation concerns they were removed from their original USU Agricultural Extension Service scrapbooks. The photographs were taken for documentation and publicity purposes. Many are found in the Experiment Station bulletins, the ACU Catalogs, and other publications. Many of the photographs were taken by George M. Turpin, an professor of Poultry Husbandry from 1909 to 1913. Who took the remainder of the images is unknown.