June 2017 MWDL Hubs & Partners Meeting
Hello all, it’s been a while! After a major staff change, a new director, and a few kinks we are now ready to really market MWDL and its partners. A big thank you to all of the partners that have been patient with us as we transition, we greatly appreciate your support. Now on to news!
Thank you to all of the representatives that joined us for our MWDL Hubs Meeting in June. It was a very full two days and a lot came out of it. Here are some details…
- MWDL is currently sitting at 980K records! Hoping to reach 1M by year’s end.
- Still working on getting Oregon harvested but it is slow going because of ingest issues.
- We are thinking about doing a virtual meeting and an in-person meeting during the year. The survey to gauge virtual meeting interest is here https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MWDLmeetings
- Need for another working group on archival metadata, metadata app profiled needs to be updated. All of this is on hold until metadata librarian position filled.
- We now have a Governing Body and are working on hiring a Metadata Librarian at 1.0 FTE
- Outreach/Promotion: Relaunched social media efforts. Avalon Snell has been working on it; now events/photos posted. Had a booth at ALA Midwinter, RootsTech, ULA, and UELMA. Catherine McIntyre has been helping with outreach. Now on Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook!
- We are working on continuing the webinar series like one Cory Lampert and Silvia Southwick did on Linked Data.
- Financial overviews
- CONTENTdm…enough said
Or you can click here to view the agenda, minutes, and surveys associated with this meeting.